Interested in working in the water or wastewater industries? Join the upcoming water and wastewater training program offered through the Sustainable Living Institute of Maui at UH Maui College.
1. Apply basic operator math and basic science
2. Describe how treatment plants operate and identify the different types of plants
3. Describe how distribution and collection systems work
4. Explains the basic terminology that is required to communicate with operators
5. Demonstrates knowledge of the basic rules of safety and identifies what personal protection equipment may be required for the job
Hawai‘i Energy, a ratepayer-funded conservation and efficiency program administered by Leidos Engineering, LLC under contract with the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission, serving the islands of Hawai‘i, Lanai, Maui, Molokai and Oahu, will subsidize $1,200 of training costs for qualified participants ($1,700 without subsidy). Approved students will pay only $500 with Hawaii Energy funding.