UHMC Community Garden
SLIM has been transforming an area of campus into a thriving productive garden at UHMC! The garden is supported by Community Work Day, Ulupono Initiative, and Maui County Department of Water Supply. The goals of the garden are to:
- Increase food security in the Maui County community
- Increase community food networks on Maui
- Serve as an exemplary model for providing school garden education and learning
- Implement a farm-to-school initiative on Maui College campus
The community garden has 25 plots available to UHMC students, faculty, and community members. You can register for the garden by calling Edventure at UH Maui College at 808-984-3231.
If you are interested in supporting this effort by volunteering or through sponsorship, please contact SLIM at 808-984-3379.
Upcoming Garden Events:
- FREE Rain Garden Workshop for K-12 Educators on April 27-28. Click here for more information.
- Save the date!! Opening Gardening Party on May 2 3pm-5pm.
- Every Thursday – Volunteer workday from 3pm-6pm at UHMC Community Garden.
Click here to see the transformation of our garden.
Construction of the garden earth bag walls
SLIM Executive Director Jennifer Chirico and Lauren Roth Venu of Roth Ecological Designs
First plots of the garden planted!